We are looking for experienced Learning Support Specialists with responsibilities to include:
- diagnose specific academic and behavioral weaknesses/strengths through formal diagnostic assessments if necessary (licensed to provide academic evaluations)
- act as a case manager to a case load of students: provide academic plans and recommendations (IEP’s), communicate to parents throughout this entire assessment process, communicate with the classroom team and demonstrate best practice working with a child or a group of children through “push-in”, “pull-out” methods.
- assist teachers and parents to problem solve students’ academic and behavioral challenges
- plan and implement 1:1 support sessions on a short term basis to assist students with their academic and behavioral needs
- prepare and present Professional Development for WISS staff and parents
Candidates should have masters in learning differences, special education, or reading specialist and at least 3 years’ experience in that field in the Early Years or Primary school setting. Please send a resume, including references and a photo, to Ms Doreen Garrigan, Primary School Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org.